This hasn’t exactly been a huge news day, but here are some items I didn’t get around to mentioning in today’s Lite Blogging:
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer meditates on the nexus between student loan debt and the actress who played the Asian-American heavy in Pete Hoekstra’s racially-tinged Super Bowl ad.
* Public Policy Polling shows Romney having a three-point lead over Santorum in Arizona, which like Michigan votes on February 28.
* Joanne Kenen suggests 2012 could be year of “birth-control mom,” mobilized by Republican attacks on access to contraception.
* David Mayhew compares and contrasts historic presidential elections in terms of their actual significance.
* E.J. Dionne says GOP presidential candidates doomed to be hypocrites.
* Dave Weigel surveys new GOP pessimism about 2012.
And, as a sign of the season: CNN provides slide-show of photos from Carnival celebrations around the world.
I’ll be back with the regular frenetic blogging schedule tomorrow, despite the temptations of Mardi Gras.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.