Week’s end is finally here! But there’s always more on the news transom:
* Moroccan man caught in FBI sting while plotting suicide attack on Capitol.
* Violent weather events have affected 80% of Americans over last six years, USA Today reports (with interesting map). Global climate-change, of course, is a pagan-socialist myth.
* Jaime Fuller says Romney’s nomination strategy being undermined by unanticipated problem that he’s a really bad candidate.
* Holder tells Congress DOJ won’t defend law banning military and veterans benefits to same-sex couples.
* Ohio Sen. Mike DeWine flips from Romney to Santorum, calling the former too negative, and the latter “human.”
* Simon van Zuylen-Wood barbecues Mitt for accusing Santorum of being “pro-union.” Might as well accuse him of being a feminist.
* Euro-scold Merkel’s hand-picked President of Germany resigns after reports of ethical violations. Tough luck, Angela.
And in quasi-nonpolitical news:
* NASA celebrating 50th anniversary of John Glenn’s orbital mission.
I am delighted to announce we’ll have two very distinguished guest-bloggers here this weekend. Tomorrow will feature Rich Yeselson, whom you met a couple of weeks ago. And on Sunday we’ll have Adele Stan, AlterNet’s Washington Correspondent and campaign reporter, a veteran analyst of the political scene who began her career with Ms. magazine.
Please welcome Rich and Adele with open arms and minds.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.