My laptop’s really acting up. Time for me to reboot, and you to have a lunch break. Here’s some mental eats:
* It’s International Women’s Day. There’s a lot to celebrate, but do not miss Ann Friedman’s baleful (and savagely funny) look at how women are being treated in American politics at the moment.
* Another righteously angry woman, the blogger Angry Black Lady, notes Georgia newspaper political cartoon depicting the president as Sandra Fluke’s pimp.
* Joe the Plumber, having won a quasi-worthless GOP congressional nomination on Tuesday in Ohio, goes onto CNN and freaks out.
* Pat Robertson comes out for legalization of pot. Was he high?
* Justice Department threatens Apple and four major publishers with suit to stop alleged price-fixing on e-books.
And, in other technology news:
TIME article blames iPad3 mania on common condition called “neophilia.”
Back before too long. If you run out of stuff to read, be sure to read this.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.