Again, I know I am competing with March Madness, but if you are taking a lunch break or are hoop-o-phobic to begin with, here are some mental snacks:
* Three members of Congress and several prominent civil rights leaders arrested for protesting at Sudanese embassy. You may not know that, but I bet you know George Clooney was also cuffed. His, dad, too.
* Shocker: Catholic bishops played role in pressure campaign to get Komen Foundation to break with Planned Parenthood.
* Another shocker: GOP freshmen rub elbows with donors at Key Largo resort.
* So is it godless liberal media that are drawing attention to Santorum’s social-issues emphasis? No, it’s Daily Caller pointing out his pledge to wage war on internet porn.
* Orrin Hatch did very well in first stage of Utah state caucuses, in good shape for nominating convention.
* In judicial appeal against DOJ denial of preclearance of state voter ID law, Texas calling for judges to strike down entire preclearance process as unconstitutional.
And in non-political news:
* Jury deadlocked in “Desperate Housewives” case.
Back in just a bit.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.