What looked to be a slow news days developed some late velocity. Here are a few things that escaped the full blog treatment:
* More Rovian jiu jitsu from Mitt: Romney, who holds two degrees from Harvard, blasts Obama from spending “too much time” in Cambridge.
* Chris Christie going a little crazy with corporate tax subsidies.
* Dave Weigel gets up-close-and-personal with racial tensions in Sanford, Florida.
* American-inspired anti-abortion activism hitting UK hard.
* Paul Waldman argues that Santorum’s attacks on UC could signal broad-based conservative assault on public universities.
And in semi-non-political news:
* Pope Benedict XVI gets in touch with his inner Ratzinger, lashes out at “disobedient” priests who support ordination of women or abolition of clerical celibacy.
Tomorrow is another Jobs Report Day. Plan to get up early for a Venti Cup of Wonkblog.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.