It’s been a relatively slow news day, if you aren’t interested in dog abuse stories, but here are a few items from the clipping room floor:
* Chris Cillizza shocked at Pew survey showing over half of Americans don’t know identity of Chief Justice.
* Catholic League threatens boycott of Daily Show over “vagina manger” joke.
* Ryan Lizza explains GOP secrecy on plans to eliminate Cabinet departments.
* Obama issues first of many-to-come warnings that government may shut down at end of September if deficit agreement abandoned.
* Florida judge recuses herself from Zimmerman case because of husband’s ties to CNN.
And in sad, non-political news: Dick Clark dies at 82.
I’m heading back to the courtroom for more voir dire fun. See you early tomorrow.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.