Getting in those carbs before it’s too late in the day! Here are a few extras:
* Acknowledging that he’s not the most popular ex-president around, George W. Bush says the “Bush tax cuts” would be less vulnerable if they didn’t bear his name. And people wonder why Jeb didn’t think it was his year!
* LA Times’ Michael Memoli has good update on campaign to endorse marriage equality in the Democratic platform.
* Nate Silver shows that Ron Paul got a lot more bang for buck in this campaign than in 2008.
* At TAP, Stephen Lerner argues that progressives need to fight for rights of 11 million Americans with underwater mortgages.
* Salon’s Andrew Leonard defends JOBS Act against lefty criticism; says it’s “not all bad.”
And in non-political news:
* At the Daily Beast, Ashley Judd blasts “The Conversation about women’s bodies.”
Back in a jif or two.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.