I hope everyone’s long weekend (those whose employment status allowed for that) was more restful and anxiety-free than mine. But no one should have been greatly troubled by the need to sort through the news, which was ultra-lite on this holiday. Here are some crumbs from a very small table:
* Texas Senate primary is tomorrow, and long-time GOP front-runner David Dewhurst is responding to complaints he is a RINO by calling rivals Ted Cruz and Tom Leppert Liberal! Liberal! Liberal! in effort to get to 50%.
* Paul Krugman rips Chris Christie a new one for phony fiscal hawkery now that New Jersey budget shortfall out in the open.
* State of New York trying to sell off closed prison buildings to raise revenues.
* At Ten Miles Square, John Sides cites evidence that Obama might in fact be able to move African-American opinion on same-sex marriage—and other issues.
* Digby pays tribute to Veterans for Peace’s Arlington West at Santa Monica Beach commemorative.
* CNN’s Mike Mount provides brisk summary of conflicts going on around defense reauthorization bill.
And in non-political news:
* Sex Pistols re-release “God Save the Queen” after 35 years. Amazing thing is that UK still has the same Queen.
Hope you enjoy what’s left of the Holiday weekend.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.