Boy, post-primary days used to be a lot more fun back when you could count on a regular Wednesday gaffe from Mitt Romney. But here’s what I’ve got for the snack tray:
* Via her Swiss-American husband, Michele Bachmann and her children obtain Swiss citizenship. Is this her Plan B (though she’d never use that term!) in case of an Obama re-election? But Switzerland has a health insurance mandate, just like ObamaCare!
* Times profile of Richard Mourdock indicates he’s run for office (ten times!) as often as the “career politician” he beat.
* WI labor folk who are less than thrilled with Tom Barrett as gubernatorial candidate much happier with Dem seeking Lt. Gov. spot: Firefighters leader Mahlon Mitchell, who also happens to be African-American.
* 41% vote won in WV Democratic presidential primary by Texas prisoner would indeed seem to indicate, if there was any doubt, that this ain’t one of Obama’s better states.
* James Carville revives his patented tongue-lashing of Democrats who are complacent about upcoming election.
And in non-political news:
* Japanese “competitive eating circuit” star downs 42 cups of coffee in a couple of minutes. Makes me jittery just thinking about it.
Back after a non-PA deadline break.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.