As expected, not a great day to be a progressive American. But hope springs eternal. Here are some spare parts of news:
* Stateline’s Josh Goodman spotlights conservative effort to purge Florida Supreme Court justices.
* At Ten Miles Square, Don Taylor suggests that in an effort to appeal to middle-class voters, health care reform advocates may have foregone the moral power of the case for the uninsured.
* At College Guide, Danny Vinik argues only big civil awards against Penn State can deter future abusers.
* OMG! Presidential primaries end tomorrow in Utah, and I almost didn’t notice! In real Utah race, Orrin Hatch heavily favored.
And in non-political news:
* Olive Garden “Taste of Tuscany” promotion deemed a failure. Red Lobster feels collateral damage.
Now time to forget about politics for a few hours.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.