Back at the hospital cafeteria for lunch and a half-hour of hysteria trying to get internet access. So a few items have piled up:
* Conservatives try to sound unhappy about May jobs report. Not very hard, though.
* Aside from Justice slap at Florida for voter purge, federal judge halts Florida’s restrictions on voter registration drives (rationalized by imagined ACORN threat).
* In other Florida Republican news, Jeb Bush “proves” he’s not going onto ticket by saying he would have defied Grover Norquist and supported the hypothetical ten-to-one spending-cuts-to-revenues deal presidential candidates rejected in debate.
* Well, at least Fed now unlikely to boost interest rates to head off inflation “threat.”
* Greenspan gives another boost to confidence fairy, warns of “investor revolt” against deficits. Why is this man still getting a hearing?
And in non-economic news:
* Vandy football coach finally apologizes for comments suggesting he hires assistants based on hotness of their wives.
Back very soon.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.