Back in the intensive care waiting room, so this post was delayed a bit. Here’s some newsie dessert for your post-lunch enjoyment or annoyance, as the case may be:
* There are “Romney birthers” too, suspicious of his qualifications to be president; some think neither party’s candidates are legitimate. There’s no limit to The Crazy.
* CNN/ORC survey shows Romney’s favorable/unfavorable ratio rising, but still trailing Obama’s.
* Cardinal Dolan denies reports he authorized payments to pedophiles to leave priesthood when he was archbishop of Milwaukee.
* Conservatives complain about choice of former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt—who has been advising states on how to set up ObamaCare’s “exchanges”—to head transition team.
* My five big takeaways from the presidential primary season are available at TNR. I’m already battling some short memories and spin about how it all went down.
And in non-political news:
* Tiger Woods finally wins another tournament.
Back in a bit.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.