Does the “longest day of the year” require an extra-long lunch break? Makes sense to me. Whether or not your boss agrees, here are some side dishes for your repast:
* Wesley Clark to host, Todd Palin to participate in, new military-oriented reality show called “Stars Earn Stripes.” Sign of the impending Apocalypse?
* New Bloomberg survey conducted by Selzer & Co. shows Obama with 53-40 lead. A likely outlier, but no more so than your average Ras poll.
* Keiran Healy of Crooked Timber pens hilarious Declaration parody on behalf of UVa board of visitors.
* Arizona SecState relapses, gabs about Obama conspiracy to cover up college records.
* Ron Paul refuses to endorse Romney, demands real debate at convention. Don’t hold your breath, Ron.
And in non-political news:
* Kristen Stewart tops Forbes’ “highest-paid actress” list; Cameron Diaz second.
Back very shortly to regular blogging.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.