Saddened by the death toll, power outages and continued hellish weather in mid-Atlantic. Mere politics seems less important, but after all, they may be connected depending on your views, or refusal to have views, on climate change.
Here are some emergency rations of news in case you are just regaining power:
* I’ll mention this only because I am a Georgian: 2009 CPAC wunderkind Jonathan Krohn, from Duluth, GA now says he supports ObamaCare—and Obama.
* Mitt heads to Israel to get him some Likud Love.
* Gallup Tracking Poll gives Obama biggest lead—48/43—since April.
* Romney tells donors—including Murdoch—he’s done flip-flopping on immigration, will count on limited Hispanic vote in battleground states.
* At one of my other haunts, Andrew Levison does a new take on defining the White Working Class.
* At College Guide, Keith Humphreys notes most college ranking systems track richest schools. Not Washington Monthly’s!
And in non-political news:
* Hotel Indigo sites in UK replacing Gideon Bibles with Kindle offering diverse religious texts. Will this succor future Rocky Raccoons?
Things are crazy cool here in central Cali. So I hope you will have the power to read my posts tomorrow. And I apologize if I seem to be a “Cool Jerk:”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.