A morning without caffeine plus slow news day equals a lethargic blogger. But I’ve scraped up a few tasty reading morsels:
* Chris Mooney reports on research showing “Inhofication” of climate change deniers, who increasingly embrace conspiracy theories.
* Sarah Posner examines new, scary breed of evangelical conservatives aligned with Ron Paul.
* Politico’s David Rogers analyzes complex intra-Republican war over—and on—food stamps as part of farm bill rewrite.
* Mitt drops John Roberts from his list of Justices who serve as models for his future Supreme picks.
* William Kristol blasts Mitt’s “monomaniacal” message of talking “about” the economy, compares his campaign to Dukakis’ and Kerry’s.
And in non-political news:
* San Diego July 4th fireworks show ended after 15 seconds when entire arsenal exploded at once. Colorful, I bet.
Back in a while after cold shower to awaken nerve endings.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.