Who knew jalapeño cheese foccacia bread was so good toasted? I didn’t. But here are some more basic news treats:
* MoJo’s David Corn offers fresh evidence of Romney’s post-1999 involvement with Bain Capital.
* Another anemic economic indicator from June: retail sales down.
* Congressional Democrats talking tough about willingness to let all Bush tax cuts expire unless GOPers back down on high-end cuts.
* Houston Chronicle reports boom in oil and gas drilling in South Texas creating new back roads for drug smugglers.
* Palin and friends whining that she hasn’t been invited to speak in Tampa. The first of many complaints to come.
And in non-political news:
* HuffPost lets you compare celebrities’ heights, from Snooki to Hulk Hogan.
Back after a couple of chores.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.