So I’m off schedule today thanks to a medical appointment, but that also means some news tidbits have gradually come out of the oven:
* Romney picks up expected endorsement of Lech Walesa—not a very popular figure in Poland these days but presumably still an eyebrow-raiser among certain American voters.
* ThinkProgress takes a look at that mandatory, government-backed universal health care system in Israel that Mitt praised so extravagantly.
* In what might have been a surprising development a few months ago, draft Democratic platform reportedly includes marriage equality commitment.
* In even less of a surprise, Bill Clinton chosen to make main prime-time economic case for Obama in Charlotte.
* Matt Yglesias notes that people wanting to keep Chick-fil-A out of their cities could probably do so simply by requiring fast-food restaurants to stay open seven days a week.
And in non-political news:
* So as to avoid any Olympics spoilation, will just offer link to latest medal standings.
Back very soon.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.