Turned out to be a lively day, and my alarm clock worked very well, perhaps waking the neighbors. Here’s some items that didn’t quite make the full-fledged blogging cut for one reason or another:
* Romney spox screws up badly by pointing out that wife of laid-off steelworker referenced in Priorities USA ad attacking Bain would have been covered by RomneyCare in Massachusetts.
* Portman appears on campaign trail in Colorado. Unclear whether Romney campaign staff recognized him.
* And speaking of Veeps: Wikipedia locks pages of most-mentioned prospects after Colbert suggests viewers edit them.
* At College Guide Daniel Luzer reports on new Pittsburgh college that will operate in “churches and bars.”
* I swear I’m not making this up: Jennifer Rubin tries to spin Clinton attack on Romney welfare ad into an implicit confirmation of its claims.
And in ostensibly non-political news:
* DC resident orders television online, instead receives high-powered assault rifle.
As I noted earlier, I’m on the road tomorrow and over the weekend. Ryan Cooper will handle blogging chores tomorrow and Friday. I’ll be back for Saturday, perhaps giving readers a taste of Heartland Battleground Politics or even bad-for-you Fair Food. And on Sunday Elon Green will back to guest-blog. Play pretty, y’all.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.