Ready for lots of sleep and no sights or sounds of Paul Ryan tonight. But first have to get past the day’s and week’s remains:
* Top-trending “story” on conservative sites this afternoon was photo of Ryan “topless.” OMG, here we go again.
* Anti-Obama former SEAL leader admits he’s a birther.
* Brother Benen notes incoherence of GOP claim that Obama is to right of their own selves on Medicare.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer observes that student loan debt may become large, generational obstacle to homeownership.
* Politico’s Tau & Byers examine Obama’s “soft-media” strategy aimed at non-political venues.
And in non-political news:
* New international study shows 60% of Russian men smoke tobacco products. Tobacco use among women relatively high in Poland (25%), U.K. (21%) and U.S. (16%).
That’s it for the week. Ben Jacobs will be back tomorrow to cover the weekend. Please be nice and engaging with him.
And now, one more Prog video, from King Crimson in Hyde Park, 1969. The crowd is as entertaining as the band.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.