Okay, I admit it: for the first time I put up live streaming video of the Olympics while blogging. But I’ll try to knock it off for the rest of the day. Here are some hot pockets of news from the morning:
* Kristol urges Romney to get on the Chick-fil-A Eat-For-Homophobia train.
* Politico’s David Rogers channels the wailing and gnashing of teeth emanating from congressional appropriators after continuing resolution deal took away their power.
* Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein arrested during Philadelphia protest against Fanniie Mae.
* Iran’s Ahmadinejad does his bit for Bibi and Mitt by calling again for “annihilation of the Zionist regime.”
* Wonderful Guardian headline: “Ann Romney’s horse fails to win dressage but avoids offending British.”
And in non-political news:
* Hilarious (if somewhat racy) photo-feature on what Olympics coverage would look like if other events were covered like women’s beach volleyball.
Back in a few.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.