For reasons involving transportation logistics, I’m blogging today from the Denver airport area, so please forgive any odd timing of posts as attributable to extreme time zone confusion. And I’d guess some readers are tiring of Ryan-o-mania here and elsewhere, but let’s face it: his selection by Romney is one of those moments of clarity Political Animals live for. Here are some related and unrelated midday news bites:
* Ryan isn’t lighting up any public opinion boards so far, and is getting worst initial reaction of any Veep choice since Quayle.
* I have a TNR piece up exploring Romney’s message to right in choosing Ryan as: “Here you go—now STFU.”
* Of four moderators chosen for presidential and Veep debates, two (Candy Crowley and Martha Raddatz) are women.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Bernstein argues Obama’s concession that Keynsianism had been rejected by public was an abdication of presidential responsibility.
* Alec MacGillis dissects troubles of Elizabeth Warren’s campaign.
And in non-political news:
* Rob Kardashian tweets plans to enter USC Law School. School suggests he fill out an application first.
Back after I check out of hotel room.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.