Revived a bit after long home remedy for sleep deprivation last night. Didn’t miss much overnight, since with exception of scattered primaries, news is much like yesterday’s. But here are some distinctive tidbits:
* Ben Smith piece on “meanness” of presidential campaign does not mention Romney’s attacks on fictional Obama welfare position. Guess that’s “substantive,” eh?
* Dowd calls Ryan “Scrooge disguised as a Pickwick.”
* Retail sales up in July for first time in four months.
* TAP’s Jamelle Bouie has interesting piece on Americans For Prosperity’s new concern troll ad about Obama’s performance.
And in non-political news:
* AOL lists worst companies to work for, with Dish Network leading the pack.
Back after I buy some tires, or as southerners used to call them, “casin’s.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.