Ah, this week began with such a boom-boom-boom, yet seems to be ending with the familiar low rumble of political attrition warfare. Here are a few mid-day items that stand out:
* TAP’s Paul Waldman vents spleen against the undecided voters who control our fate.
* Dana Milbank decrees “hate group” is term that must be reserved for Nazis or KKK members. Clear he’s neither a woman nor gay.
* DC Circuit Court panel orders restoration of early voting days for five Florida counties subject to Voting Rights Act pre-clearance requirement.
* Geraldo and his Fox buds speculate with great hilarity that Department of Homeland Security is run by “lesbian cabal.” Will the man ever retire?
* 34 striking platinum miners killed by police in South Africa.
And in non-political news:
* Honey Badger heads to rehab.
Back after I peer through fog for a bit.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.