So Todd Akin tells Huck listeners he’s staying in. I wouldn’t conclude Blue Girl’s prediction of Akin’s withdrawal is wrong just yet; it will simply be a lot harder to replace him if he hangs around for a while.
In any event, it’s a spicy topic for lunch again today. Here’s more on that and other hot topics:
* Just prior to Akin’s announcement, joint statement issued by Blunt, Ashcroft, Bond, Danforth and Talent—the entire state GOP establishment—urging him to quit.
* In brilliant timing, GOP Platform Committee again rejects rape/incest exceptions to support for Human Life Constitutional Amendment banning virtually all abortions.
* Steve King allows as how he’s never heard of statutory rape or incest victim getting pregnant, either. He’s just saying.’
* Just to make sure not one day will go on without repetition of welfare lie, Romney puts out new web video on subject.
* Man, what impatience! Elliot Abrams calls for force resolution to authorize attack on Iran.
And in non-political news:
* 50-year-old Roger Clemens announces comeback as pitcher for indie minor league team the Sugar Land Skeeters.
Back after some delightful frozen food.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.