I know a lot of my journalistic buddies are heading for Tampa this weekend, but it never much crossed my mind to do so. Reporting from inside convention bubble like covering football game from tunnel outside locker-room. And then there are hurricanes. No thanks. Anyway, here’s some midday news bites of assorted size and quality:
* Romney makes birther joke. Is this the famous Mitt sense-o-humor we keep hearing about?
* Odds of Isaac—a storm with very big winspan—at least brushing Tampa with high winds and rain getting a lot higher.
* Limbaugh suggests “Obama’s FEMA” will interfere with convention. Doesn’t mention FEMA chief was Jeb Bush’s emergency management director in Florida. Probably doesn’t know, care.
* Krugman flays Ryan for goldbug leanings.
And in non-political news:
* Anti-Doping Agency throws book at Lance Armstrong.
Back after I check my own weather, which rarely changes.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.