It’s good to be back on the Central Coast, and back to my iMac, which seemed to whisper to me as I booted it up: I warned you not to rely on that virus-plagued laptop.
Anyway, here are some final items of a reasonably active day:
* Romney rally in Sarasota spurs clashes, some very physical, between Move On and Occupy folk versus Mitt-supporting Tea Types. Lotta photos available from BuzzFeed.
* Ta-Nehisi Coates argues eroding respectability of racism making dog whistles harder to make and hear. Hope he’s right.
* Israeli paper reports U.S. warning Israeli government of destructive impact on treaties with Egypt and Jordan that would ensue from military strike against Iran.
* At Ten Miles Square, Aaron Carroll reports on startling out-of-pocket costs already being borne by Medicare beneficiaries.
* And at College Guide, Daniel Luzer reports on possible wave-of-dystopic-future development from California: for-profit schools targeting students being wait-listed by cash-strapped community colleges (designed as open-admissions institutions) encouraging them to earn credits while they wait for space.
And in non-political news:
* Jerry Sandusky now accused of being part of tri-state “child sex ring.” The horror just won’t stop.
Tomorrow I hope to confine blogging to one locale, or at least one state.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.