A day of political jockeying and spinning, for the most part, which is why I focused to a considerable extent on strategic issues affecting the election.
But here are a few news leftovers:
* Bibi’s crude graphics on Iranian nuclear threat at U.N. inspires mockery from pundits, but lights up Twitter.
* Todd Akin continues efforts to maximize Missouri gender gap by suggesting Claire McCaskill not “ladylike.”
* Religion Dispatch’s Sarah Posner notes GOP efforts (with ecclesiastical help) to “wedge” Catholics in their column seem to have failed.
* At Ten Miles Square, Michael Kinsley compares Mitt Romney’s campaign to Mike Dukakis’.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer shows that student loan debt is a particular disaster for poorer families.
And in non-political news:
* Curiosity Rover finds “definitive proof” that water once existed on Mars.
Back tomorrow to end the week and start getting read for the presidential debates.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.