I’m going to be a guest on my favorite radio talk show—KCRW’s “To the Point,” hosted by Warren Olney—in just a bit, along with Michael Scherer, Chris LeHayne, and David Brooks. So hope the earlier posts will keep you satisfied for a bit, along with these mid-day news bites:
* Yglesias highlights five dumb ideas in the Democratic platform. I suspect the count was a bit higher for the GOP document.
* Conservatives strangely preoccupied with activities of Occupy protesters in Charlotte, particularly all the sex and drugs.
* Toby Harnden claims, without evidence, that bad weather an “excuse” for possible move of Obama’s acceptance speech to indoor venue, with real reason being lack of attendence. Oh brother.
* Former Democrat, former independent, former Republican Virgil Goode makes the ballot in his native Virginia as presidential candidate of far-right Constitution Party.
* Nate Silver adjudges Romney post-convention bounce as coming it at about 2.7%—bad, except for fact that out-party bounce also low in 2004 and 2008.
And in non-political news:
* Mock abductions of brides from weddings “all the rage” in Romania. “Ransom” usually a few bottles of hootch.
Back after radio.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.