No matter what I wind up eating today, I’m sure it will surpass in quality and quantity what would probably have been available if I’d done my usual Convention gig. One year I ran an errand to one of the rehearsal rooms, where a colleague begged me to find a way to sneak food in. The rehearsal staff had been reduced to swiping snacks off a cart brought in for Hillary Clinton’s refreshment whenever her back was turned.
So here’s what’s on the midday food cart:
* Two scheduling notes for POTUS: Tomorrow Obama will hold conference call open to people who held tickets for the scheduled and now relocated stadium speech. Friday he and his wife will go back to Iowa, where they’ve spent a lot of time lately.
* Ryan piles onto stupid “Democrats purge God from platform” attacks. Good thing he’s such a substantive truth-teller, eh?
* Haim Saban defends Obama’s record of friendship w/ Israel in New York Times op-ed.
* At WaPo Plum Line, Jamelle Bouie notes folly of Romney campaign’s efforts to coopt Clinton’s record and image, which will be very apparent tonight, I trust.
* At TNR, former Clinton speechwriter Michael Waldman previews Big Dog’s speech.
* Shooter kills one, wounds another during victory rally for Parti Quebecois.
And in quasi-non-political news:
* Predictions for August jobs report coming in at lukewarm 120,000.
Back to blogging after some chores.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.