I’m still working on leftover tailgate food from Saturday evening (UGA 41, Mizzou 20, though the game was much closer than that), and somehow wonder why my pre-holiday diets never seem to pare the waistline.
In any event, here are some news treats:
* First academic study of post-DADT military shows no negative consequences whatsoever.
* The show that never ends: Allen West claims Obama deliberately chose Soviet campaign slogan. Can’t wait for day Mitt campaigns with the crazy dude.
* Krugman reminds everyone that Obama proposed an American Jobs Act, and congressional Republicans killed it pronto.
* Romney claims Obama backing striking teachers in Chicago. Trying to divide “Chicago?”
* Yglesias reports that Mitt has also come out against steps by Fed to boost economy. Should have gotten much more attention than it has.
And in non-political news:
* Box offices register what may turn out to be worst weekend in movie revenues since right after 9/11.
Back after a couple of chores.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.