This morning a good, if sad, reminder of the power of external events. If anyone saw this coming, he or she is truly clairvoyant.
Here are some mid-day news item that include and transcend the day’s big story:
* BuzzFeed’s Ben Smith has devastating roundup of reactions to Mitt’s press conference today from foreign policy hands representing both parties.
* Sarah Posner questions the identity of the alleged director/producer of the anti-Muslim video that fanned latest series of protests.
* Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson on ballot in 47 states—all but PA, MI and OK.
* Gallup daily tracking poll has Obama job approval at 51%. Latest weekly summary shows approval at 45% among indies.
* Census reports number of Americans without health insurance declined by 1.4 million in 2011.
And in non-political news:
* Notre Dame joins ACC in all sports other than football.
Back after a brief break.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.