It’s my brother’s birthday today, so we just had a gut-busting southern-style breakfast and are planning a gut-busting steak dinner. I’m trying to stick to news treats between the two; here are a few:
* BLS revision adds 386k jobs to period from March 2011 to March 2012, eliminating any doubt there has been net jobs gain under Obama.
* Official estimates of second quarter GDP growth downwardly revised from 1.7% to 1.3%, attributable to impact of drought.
* If anyone was under the impression Bain Capital’s mission under Romney was to create jobs or foster innovation, new MoJo-released video from 1985 is a must-view: it’s all about “harvesting” profits.
* Gallup projects Obama’s average job approval rating in September at 49%, up from 45% in August, and 41% in September of 2011.
* At TNR, Francisco Toro warns that instability in Venezuela following October elections could effect U.S. elections.
And in non-political news:
* NFL commissioner apologizes to fans for ref replacements as union refs prepare to return.
Back in just a bit.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.