Okay, for this federal holiday I’m calling it a day with a tenth post.
Hasn’t been much political news today, but here are some final items:
* TAP’s Paul Waldman excoriates the Sunday Shows. I just don’t watch ‘em, trying to avoid fury on the Sabbath.
* Yglesias profiles Pete Peterson’s lavishly funded campaign for a Grand Bargain during a potential lame-duck session of Congress.
* Trump promises, or should I say threatens, to live-tweet next presidential debate.
* Politico’s Gerstein says foreign policy “experts” across spectrum generally panned Romney’s big foreign policy speech. But he didn’t ask Jennifer Rubin!
* Virginian-Pilot reporter details trail of tears ex-felons must go through in Old Dominion to regain voting rights.
And in non-political news:
* Upcoming collection of letters from John Lennon touted as showing he wasn’t always nice and dreamy. Anyone surprised at that must have never listened to “How Do You Sleep,” on same album with “Imagine.”
Back tomorrow in full force.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.