Sandy approaching landfall. Praying for all you folk in her path.
Here, for those of you able to pay attention, or seeking distraction, or out of harm’s way, are some final items for this strange and ominous day:
* Nasty attacks on Nate Silver are both outrage and tribute.
* Get ready for more BLS Truther action: agency struggling to get October jobs report done on time.
* At WaPo, Jonathan Bernstein summarizes evidence of impact on national elections of natural disasters as minimal.
* At Ten Miles Square, Colin Woodward provides update on Maine Senate race that casts major shadow on battle for control of upper chamber.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer looks at Rick Scott administration’s mulling of higher tuitions for Florida students wanting liberal arts degrees.
I’ll be watching Sandy tonight, but not as closely as our East Coast friends. Please stay home and don’t underestimate the power of this crazy weather.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.