* Romney wins coin toss and will get final closing statement.
* Blue tie for BHO, red tie for Mitt. That’s so you can tell them apart.
* Interesting framing of first question on jobs: what are the differences?
* BHO sticks to standard post-convention talking points.
* And here comes Mitt’s five-part plan! First zinger: “trickle-down government.”
* Obama kinda using “spreading” technique; throwing a lot of stuff out.
* Very weasely Mitt distinction on tax cuts.
* So far, this is sounding like in-house discussion at the Simpson-Bowles Commission.
* Mitt just blatantly flip-flopping on taxes. Where’s Grover Norquist when you need him?
* Mitt: Who needs your stinkin’ studies?
* Good BHO sideswipe at Trump as “small business owner.”
* Mitt getting a little flustered. Discussion of small businesses getting down into the weeds. Ah! A Mitt shout-out to Simpson-Bowles! Fitting.
* BHO finally getting to Bush-Clinton comparisons.
* Mitt definitely rattled. Obama smart to nod during Romney litany on woes of unemployed.
On to segment two.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.