For an entire week of family visits, skies were cloudy and foggy here on the Central Coast. No one to show around this week, and the weather is absolutely perfect. So it goes.
Unless you are into conservative blogs shrieking about how Obama’s going to lose big over Libya, it’s a quiet news morning. But here are some morsels:
* Long, atmospheric WaPo piece on D and R “ground game” operations in northeast Ohio.
* Ari Berman reviews the recent history of voter suppression in Florida, one of the places it may matter most.
* Poll sponsored by The Iowa Republican (whose most recent presidential poll showed Romney up in the state) shows comfortable plurality in favor of gay marriage.
* New York Times’ Annie Lowrey convincingly argues payroll tax cut very likely to expire at year’s end regardless of what happens on income taxes or budget.
* WaPo’s Greg Sargent argues (also convincingly) that Romney/Ryan “big choice” rhetoric is a ruse.
And in non-political news:
* Rumors spread that iPad Mini coming out this month or November.
Back in a relatively short while.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.