Felt the need for carbo-loading, and consumed a big bowl of pasta for brunch. Will likely regret it later, but in any event, here are some lighter snacks for you:
* It’s all-or-nothing for Mitt, says his wife: no future political races if he loses this one. Well, it’s not like he’s going to go back to Massachusetts and run for anything.
* More surprising tracking poll news from Gallup: Romney now up seven (52-45) among LVs in seven-day rolling average. But Obama daily job approval number back up to 50. Go figure.
* Weekly jobless claims up sharply after last week’s sharp drop; Labor Departments says both numbers mainly attributable to technical issues in measurement.
* Big Dog encapsulation of Romney message: “We messed it up, he didn’t fix it, put us back in.”
And in non-political news:
* British soccer star accepts 4-game suspension, $356,000 fine for use of abusive racial epithet during game.
Back after I run up and down the stairs a few times.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.