More backbiting arguments (and some sheer pettifoggery) today than any real news. Here are a few items for your nourishment:
* Gallup Tracking has Romney LV lead down one to 51-45, with Obama’s job approval still at 50%. But PPP has Romney up by a point in both Iowa and New Hampshire (per Twitter; links not up yet).
* Obama coins new word—“Romnesia”—for convenient forgetfulness about past policy positions. Catching on fast in Twitterverse.
* RCP’s Caitlin Huey-Burns profiles battle for NOVA. Hard to believe VA part of Obama’s “firewall” couple of weeks ago.
* Joe Walsh adds self to House GOP anti-science club with idiotic claim that abortion never necessary to save women’s lives.
And in non-political news:
* CNN has nice slide-show of autumn colors ‘round the Northern Hemisphere.
Back after I move computer upstairs to make room for guest.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.