So in what’s already another slow news day (unless you enjoy endless post-debate spin), the political world has ground to a halt in anticipation of the daily release of the Gallup Tracking Poll, which is late for some reason. But here are some other mid-day Lite Treats:
* This headline for a Ron Fournier piece, which accurately reflects the CW, is the kind of thing that can make you crazy: “Obama Wins Third Debate but Romney Wins Debate Season.” Did you know there was a “debate season?” Somehow missed that in the past.
* Lotta mumbling and entrail-reading about Obama’s statement that planned spending sequestration “will not happen.”
* In follow-up to debates, Romney campaign clarifies that “World Court” will be asked to arrest Ahmedinejad for “inciting genocide.” Does World Court have marshals?
* At Ten Miles Square, Andrew Sabl suggests Obama will win Ohio after mastering rhetoric of “moderate isolationism.”
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer reports colleges hosting debates each shelled out 3-5 million smackers in costs.
And in non-political news:
* In case you somehow missed it, Giants came back from 3-1 deficit in series to win NL pennant in Game Seven 9-0 laugher.
Back with the hour.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.