Waiting for the landlord’s minions to show up for some needed repairs, so I may disappear for a bit when that happens. But for now, here are some mid-day news bites:
* Trump’s “bombshell” announcement predictably focuses on promoting an old & nasty right-wing meme: an offer of a $5 million charity donation if BHO “fully” releases college transcripts. Assuming he doesn’t, that’s more “proof” he was an undeserving beneficiary of “racist” affirmative action.
* Guest post at The Monkey Cage notes that U.S. controls 50% of world’s naval power today, as compared to 11% in 1916. No data yet on whether there’s a “bayonet gap” with some other country.
* Interesting Milbank piece on how Twitter formed final debate consensus for MSM.
* Good Newshour report on places in Virginia where “sequestration” is a household word.
And in non-political news:
* Feds file billion-dollar lawsuit against BoA for mortgage fraud.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.