Not trying to rub it in to East Coasters who are staring at Sandy’s progress, but it’s a really beautiful day on the Central Coast. Almost worth the cost-of-living differential.
Here’s what I’ve got in the way of mid-day nourishment:
* TNR’s Noam Scheiber argues persuasively that Team Mitt’s spin on polls far less consequential than lies on policy.
* Bad day for Obama at the old Gallup Tracking corral: Job approval ration down to 48/47; Mitt back up to five-point lead among LVs; candidates tied among RVs.
* Another peak inside the Obama GOTV Machine, this one by New York Times’ Jim Rutenberg. Not real informative, truth be told, but that’s probably not the reporter’s fault.
* Berlusconi sentenced to four years in slammer for tax fraud.
* Without mentioning Romney, Jeep denies report (which Romney repeated in Ohio) that company is moving jobs from U.S. to China.
And in non-political news:
* More scary stuff about Sandy, including snow storms in VA, PA and OH. Now looks to be 5-7 day “weather event.”
Back in a bit after I get some pre-weekend chores done.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.