Just taped an interview with NPR’s Julie Rovner on the relatively high visibility of the abortion issue in this campaign; unclear when or on what show it will appear, but if you hear my cracker accent on your car radio over the next few days, don’t be surprised.
Here are some lunch-time goodies:
* Iowa’s Steve King, that font of sensivity and good taste, warns post-Sandy aid should be closely monitored to ensure it doesn’t go for “Gucci bags and massage parlors.”
* So far, “Brownie” about the only major GOPer criticizing Obama administration response to Sandy.
* Gallup tracking poll remains suspended; final Q-Polls show Obama up 5 in Ohio; 2 in Virginia; 1 in Florida.
* BLS announces October Jobs Report will come out Friday morning as scheduled.
* Rick Hasen argues that Sandy should spur Congress to wake up and begin regulating disaster-delayed elections.
And in non-political news:
* March of the Mouse: Disney to buy Lucasfilm Ltd. (with rights to Star Wars franchise) for 4 billion smackers.
Back after some chores.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.