* Michael Kinsley conducts a long, insider-y interview with Tina Brown on the demise of the print version of Newsweek.
* WaPo’s Cillizza designates as the Worst Candidate of 2012: Rick Perry. Hard to argue with that.
* At Ten Miles Square, Aaron Carroll examines new research on the effectiveness of sin taxes.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer judges Scott Walker’s idea of linking college funding to preparation of graduates for current job “bad social engineering.”
And in non-political news:
* Winning NASCAR driver grants “buzzed” interview while guzzling from gigantic glass of beer. No “role model” guff for NASCAR drivers, it seems.
Ol’ Merle has a warning:
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.