Ah, what a week! You’ve heard about enough from me for a while, so I’ll get right on to the day’s leftovers:
* Petraeus resigns from CIA, citing extramarital affair. Seems if you want to find a sacred cow these days, you need to stick with an actual cow.
* More secession talk from Texas!
* 12 elected officials recalled on Election Day, while 10 others survived recalls. Who knew?
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Zasloff calls for some serious progressive heat on Obama now that he’s not in danger of being evicted from the White House.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer reports that voters in four states approved ballot initiatives boosting funds for community colleges.
And in non-political news:
* New concert footage of Elvis! The age of miracles is not over.
Ryan Cooper will be in as our Weekend Blogger. I’m going to go see the new James Bond movie and then sleep for two days.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.