* WV called for Romney, but here’s the biggie from CNN: Obama up three in Ohio according to exits; North Carolina tied! Very bad sign for Mitt; my little birdie informant looking prescient. Three states Mitt can’t lose are hanging fire (VA, NC, FL) and Ohio looking bad for him.
* SC goes to Mitt. Amazing it took that long.
* Theme from Ohio so far (see Nate Cohn’s live-blog at TNR) is Romney over-performing in coal country, Obama over-performing in auto country. No surprise, but interesting.
* Three more non-surprises: Shumlin and Sanders win in Vermont; Manchin wins in WV.
* Indiana Senate race tightens; no media calls there or in Virginia.
* In case you are wondering, live raw vote results coming in slowly in many states. Only a relatively small number of Virginia counties have reported anything. The State Board of Elections isn’t making any results official until 8:00 because of long lines of voters still trying to cast ballots in many locations.
* Big wave o’ states coming up at 8:00. Doubt Florida will be called for a good while, but can’t wait to see what is reported from Pennsylvania.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.