* Quick calls of California, Washington, Hawaii for Obama, Idaho for Romney; no call yet in Oregon.
* Chuck Todd on NBC suggesting Obama will win OH and CO, and with less confidence, suggests Obama will probably win Florida while Romney wins Virginia.
* Then NBC calls Romney “apparent winner” in NC. That apparently means all votes counted, but—something or other. Maybe provisional ballots.
* George Allen has conceded in Virginia, meaning he’s lost the exact same seat twice. Republicans are now down two net Senate seats with NV, MT, ND and AZ still out.
* IA called for Obama!
* And now, Ohio called for Obama! So at 11:13 PM, NBC calls the election for Barack Obama. What a long, strange trip it’s been.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.