There is not, as you might guess, a lot of U.S. political news to accompany your Thanksgiving Day feast. But here are a few items:
* White House rejects Boehner suggestion that Obamacare is “on the table” in fiscal talks.
* Hilarious Chait take on abrupt revisionism of conservative spinmeisters, who now view Obama campaign as irresistable Death Star.
* Kevin Drum notes that it’s mainly Fox News viewers who have any interest in the Great Benghazi Scandal of 2012.
* Carl Cannon flashes back to JFK’s trip to Dallas in 1963, this day 49 years ago.
* Alec MacGillis argues that Democrats should “give thanks” for Mitt Romney—not just because he was an often-awkward candidate, but because he was a “powerful clarifying force.”
And in non-political news:
* A new Jimi Hendrix album with previously unreleased cuts will come out in March of 2013.
Back later if events so dictate. Otherwise, enjoy Thanksgiving Day!
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.