We’ve been trying to keep you semi-satiated with even more posting than usual, but it’s a hungry day, so here are some mid-day treats:
* Don’t know if it’s the usual everybody-does-it cover for their own party’s shenanigans, but conservative gabbers are already screaming about Democratic efforts to “steal” the election in Pennsylvania. And yes, the New Black Panther Party has been sighted!
* David Frum issues a cri de coeur about our ridiculously antiquated and decentralized system for holding elections.
* Nate Silver allows as how he prefers Ebola to political punditry. I’m guessing Nate will probably have the last laugh tomorrow.
* At TNR, Michael Schaffer hilariously compiles the most banal Election Day headlines from American newspapers.
* Also at TNR, Nate Cohn gets very precise in his predictions: Nevada will put Obama over the top in the electoral college, and will take the popular vote lead at 3:17 AM. I assume that’s EST, if you’re setting your alarm clock.
And in non-political news:
* At least two dead, eight injured, in workplace shooting at food service plant in Fresno.
Back very soon with more Election Day stuff.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.