Diagnosing the condition of the Republican Party is hard work. I’m a ravening beast, and it’s only mid-morning here in California. I’ll feed you before hitting my own feed-bag:
* If GOP is ready to compromise with Obama on fiscal issues, you’d never know it from listening to their Senate leader.
* Centrist Will Marshall finds plenty of evidence in exit polls for repudiation of conservative ideology.
* Headline on U.S. elections from Sheldon Adelson’s Israeli newspaper: “America Chose Socialism.”
* Simpson and Bowles beginning expensive ad campaign (and you know they’ll get plenty of “earned media” love) for their kind of Debt Deal.
* New York Times’ Jeremy Peters reports questions being raised about Karl Rove’s conflicts of interest in doing election night commentary for Fox. Why? Just because he was quarterbacking the entire GOP paid advertising campaign? But he’s a genius!
And in non-political news:
* Ricky Gervais makes media history by telling Baba Wawa to “shut up” on The View.
Back in a few jiffies.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.