My wife came downstairs this morning about 7:00 PDT and asked: “Wonder what your momma would think of you eating cookies and pizza for breakfast?” But I was fresh out of twigs and berries!
But here are some lunch munches, of more acceptable food value:
* Check out a powerful Robert Wright column on the militarization of the CIA being the real Petraeus Scandal.
* Georgia GOP chair invites Rep. Alan West (who hasn’t conceded defeat yet, though everyone has told him he lost) to move back to native state and run for office there. Can’t imagine both West and Paul Broun, Jr., in the same Delegation.
* Harold Meyerson notes that 15 remaining Republican members of the California Congressional Delegation are all white Christian men. Can’t even manage tokenism, can they?
* As Susan-Rice-To-State boom intensifies, so does talk that John Kerry could succeed Leon Panetta at the Pentagon. Swift-Boaters despair!
* Ezra Klein wonders why presidents always undermine their congressional parties by appointing Members to cabinet jobs. Maybe they want the jobs, Ezra!
And in non-political news:
* Preemie birth rate drops to lowest level in a decade.
Back after I mull a somewhat longer post.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.